Friday, September 6, 2013

She's Here!

Well everyone, we are pleased to announce, that on August 30, we gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, whom we named Taya Brynn. Jason, Addy and I are all in love. She is such a sweet baby and we feel so blessed to have her.

 I ended up being induced due to a virus I had previously in pregnancy and it could have caused issues the longer she was in the womb, so after speaking with Maternal/Fetal medicine, our midwife decided she would go ahead and induce me. We went to the hospital in the early morning of Friday, August 30, After getting registered and in our labor and delivery room, they began the Pitocin at 8am. Being that I previously had a c-section with Addy, and we were attempting a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), they had to begin the pitocin very slowly due to the risk (albeit very low risk) of a uterine rupture.  I progressed very slowly at first, it almost seemed like even though I was having many contractions which were very painful, I wasn't progressing at all.  Then at about 2pm, I was finally 5cm dilated. It was at this point, that I was able to get the epidural. Following that, they went ahead and broke my water. We were in this for the long haul now! Fast forward 4 hours--I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing!! Yay! With the help of my awesome midwife, Laura, I pushed for 2 hours. It was then that we decided it was best for us to use the forceps to get Baby Taya out, as I was not prog:ressing any further, and I was physically done. With the help of the on-call OBGYN, Taya was delivered at 8:22pm. She was 8 lb. 4 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long with tons of dark hair! Addy was born with a good amount of hair, and we thought this babies hair might be similar, but she has way more than Addy did, and it is dark dark brown.

Addy is loving being a big sister, she just loves Taya to pieces. It is adorable. She is basically a little mother. I just love it. I am loving my girls right now.

Jason has been so great since bringing Taya home. He has kept Addy occupied while letting me rest a lot, as well as keeping our house together and helping me with whatever I need. I indeed married a good man!

I am doing my best to not get overwhelmed (easier said than done sometimes) and enjoy this time I have with my family right now while I am off work. My Mom will be here on Tuesday, and I couldn't be more excited! It will be so fun to have her here. Addy is going to love having her here, she asks everyday about Gramma coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment