Saturday, August 10, 2013

The countdown is on...for real now!

Well time is continuing to fly by for us...when I say that, I don't necessarily mean that I am loving how pregnant and cranky I feel right now...but time is still flying by so that is a good thing. I just realized a few minutes ago that it is one month from today when Gramma Rechenmacher will be flying into town! Woohoo! I'm not sure who is more excited! Me? Because I rarely get to see my Mom and I will have help for 2 weeks...or Addy, because she has been telling EVERYONE that Gramma Rechenmacher is coming and they are going to make cookies and muffins and play with her doll.

Yesterday we had a bit of a "scare". I use that term lightly, as I know that there are plenty of couples who have scares throughout their whole pregnancy, but, for us, it was a scare.  I contracted a rash a couple of weeks ago, and when we were meeting with our midwife, Laura last Tuesday, we mentioned that I had had a rash, but that it was gone. She decided she wanted to do a blood test to see if it was still in my system and to see exactly what it was. So yesterday morning she called me, and apparantly the rash was a viral rash, specifically known as "Fifth's Disease" or "Slapcheek Syndrome". She then informed me that this specific virus can potentially be lethal to a baby, and I needed to start having Non-Stress Tests twice a week for the rest of my pregnancy...NOOOOOOOOO! Is what I thought.  I had to do those when I was pregnant with Addy and it was totally miserable. So, we went in yesterday afternoon to have the first one done, and baby girl's heart was doing great.  I guess the reason that it can be fatal, is because the virus can cause fluid to build up around the lungs, causing complications with the babies heart. Essentially what this could all mean, is that I may end up being induced early...but we are hoping not. Let the prayers begin!

Other than that, everything is going great! We have everything put together just waiting for baby's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment