Friday, August 16, 2013

Goals

Hey! Yesterday was my 24th birthday. I actually really struggled with my birthday this year. It wasn't a matter of "I'm so old!" that I struggled with, I mean, come on, I'm 24. It was a matter of "Holy cow, time is flying by, and I haven't accomplished anything" kind of feeling. This isn't a "pity party" post. It's just that I have decided that I need to make concrete goals, so that time doesn't keep slipping by without me accomplishing the things I really want to.

First of all, before you all think "but you have a husband and daughter (and one on the way!)"...the answer to that is...I know. I have the greatest husband a girl could ask for. He is supportive of me with the things I want to do, and he doesn't question. To me that is HUGE. He is such a great Dad. Addy LOVES her Daddy. She is definitely a Daddy's girl. He works hard. He loves me.

I am also blessed with a wonderful 3 year old daughter. She is so fun and funny. There is definitely never a dull moment when she is around. She also has such a big heart. If someone isn't smiling, she always wants to know why, and what is wrong and she wants to help. She is such a light to have around, we love her to pieces. She is also so excited to be a big sister and take care of her baby sister. It will be so fun with the 2 girls!

We are also soon to be blessed with another daughter who we can't wait to meet! I hope the next couple of weeks go by fast!

I digress...

One of the first items I would like to check off my "list" is to go to school. It may not be for a bachelor's degree, but for SOMETHING. I have always wanted to have a career where I feel like I am legitimately helping others. So, it may be for something as simple as a CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant)..and maybe an RN later on. I just need to figure it out for sure.

From there, the second item on my list is to get a career that I love. I really love helping others, and I feel like I would probably thrive in the medical field. As I mentioned in the last paragraph, I think that a CNA would be a great start for me.

This next goal is a 2 part goal. a)Lose weight/get healthy b)Do a triathlon

I'll begin with part A.

I have been overweight for a long time. Too long. I have always had the desire to lose weight. But I feel like I am at the "had enough" point. I want to be healthy for my daughters. I want to be able to not be restricted by my weight in the things that I can do. And in general, I want to FEEL better. Physically, and better ABOUT myself.

Part B.

A year ago, Jason, my friend Laura and I all did a triathlon together. Jason ran, Laura biked, and I swam. It was such an exhilarating feeling to get back into the pool in more of a "competition" setting. I want to do more of that. But, my goal is to do a triathlon on my own. There are a lot of different triathlons around this area during the summer.

SO- my goal is to train to do a triathlon all on my own. Through training for that, that will help me to lose the weight I need, and to become the healthy girl/wife/Mom I want to be.

So, with these few desires I have, I need to make the concrete goals for myself so that each of these can become a reality for me. I feel if I am able to accomplish these, it will make me a better person. I will be happier with myself. I will be a better wife and mother.

I may blog here and there about each of these things as I figure out the goals exactly. So, bare with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment