Thursday, August 1, 2013

35 weeks

Well ladies and gentlemen, the countdown is on...35 weeks...or 1 month from this Sunday is our duedate! Where has the time gone? It has completely flown by, although I can feel time slowing down now. I am at the tired...hot...cranky...get this baby out of me stage. We finally decided on a name! First name that is...middle name is still TBD. We think the name is beautiful and feminine and simple. With the timeline ticker on the side of this blog, when I saw it this morning it made my heart jump a little bit when I saw we are down to 35 days!

On Tuesday I see our midwife, and then from there on out I will be seeing her every week until baby is here, I feel like that is a milestone! Helps me to know we are almost there! I can't wait to meet this little girl and to see what she looks like, if she has red hair like Addy, dark hair like Jason, or is a blondie like her uncles were when they were little. It is a mystery! We were so unprepared for Addy to be a redhead that when the nurses told me she had red hair I said "HUH?!" But we love her red hair, it suits her personality so well. I can't wait to feel her little spirit as well!

This next part I am going to write about is not very positive, but I need to document it. I have been thinking about the plan of salvation a lot lately. One of my sister in laws who was also pregnant, lost her baby at 19 weeks. It was possibly one of the most heart breaking things I have ever been through...and it wasn't my baby. But the thought made me sick. Our babies were going to be so close in age, they were both girls, it was going to be so fun. Then that all came to an end. My brother in law and sister in law who had been trying for so long to get pregnant and were so excited for this sweet little girl to join their family all of a sudden were planning a burial service for their little Lexi. I simply can't imagine. All of a sudden we were finding ourselves trying to explain the plan of salvation to our 3 year old...trying to make it make sense to her, when really, it was hard for us to even make sense of. When we were at the cemetery after the burial, we were trying to explain to Addy that little Lexi had to go back to Heavenly Father, and in Addy's sweet innocence, she asked "But, when my baby comes, who will she play with?" It broke my heart. I feel so awful for my brother in law and sister in law. For a little while, I honestly felt so guilty that our pregnancy had gone so well, I just wasn't even excited. I have been wondering if the spirit of our baby and of little Lexi have been together. I hope so. I am so glad to know that families are forever, and it doesn't end after this earth life.

No comments:

Post a Comment