Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Conference Time!

Working from home has a lot of perks...in no particular order, some of them are being able to shower on my breaks, doing laundry and cleaning on breaks, being able to still be with Addy and not needing a babysitter very often.  But there is another perk that I have found recently. I can listen to Conference Talks while I work. I think that this benefits me in many areas. First being-If I have an angry customer, how angry can I get at the same time as listening to President Uchtdorf talking about how we are not forgotten by Heavenly Father? I feel like it helps me to keep focus on my work, but also keep in mind what is really important in life.  It also helps me to have the spirit in my life more, it helps me to feel peace, and real happiness.

This weekend is General Conference, and I think that I am more excited than I ever have been.  I always look forward to it, but I have been looking forward to it more than ever. I think because it is going to give me even more material to listen to and ponder while working. We missed last Conference because we were on vacation, and so it feels like it has been an eternity since conference! During the Priesthood Session on Saturday evening, my mother-in-law and I have a tradition of going shopping while the men go to their session. It is always so fun and full of laughs. I am really looking forward to that this weekend as well.

I hope and pray that we will all take something away from this conference. I know that if we go into it with a prayer in our heart, we will most likely receive answers that we are looking for.  Jason and I always love to guess if there are going to be temples announced, that is always exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment