Saturday, October 26, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving, Eh!

**Long post ahead**

For Thanksgiving 2012, we had planned to go up to Canada to visit Gramma and Grampa Rechenmacher. Well, plans were changed last minute because I ended up having to have my gall bladder out, and my Dr. wouldn't approve a road trip as long as it is to Canada. I was so upset. Well my friends, for Thanksgiving 2013 we made it to Canada! Woohoo! We weren't exactly sure what to expect for an 18 hour road trip with a 3 year old and a 6 week old. Well, I don't think it could have gone any better. Addy did great! She didn't sleep for one minute on the way up to Canada. She played on the tablet, and talked...and talked...and talked some more. After a while the talking wore on us a little bit, but I would take that over screaming and crying any day! Taya slept basically the whole trip, except when she was hungry. It was awesome!

We got there on Saturday, October 12 about 5pm. Addy was so excited to see Gramma, she went running as soon as she saw her! When Grampa and Uncle Ben and Uncle Mike came outside, she wasn't so sure. However, it only took her about an hour to warm up to Grampa, and then she couldn't get enough of him. It took a couple of days for her to warm up to Uncle Ben, but she did! I wasn't sure if she would. She didn't warm up to Uncle Mike at all really...sigh. Poor Uncle Mike. He tries so hard, and she won't give him an inch! Someday she will realize he is a nice guy! After dinner, Gramma and Grampa Button came over and that was fun to have them see Addy again and to see Taya for the first time! After they left, my friends from high school Jordan and Steph came over to visit! It was awesome to see them too!

On Sunday, we went to church with Gramma and Grampa, and that was great! It was so good to see people who were also home for Thanksgiving who we haven't seen in years! That afternoon, my Uncle Murray, Auntie Lynn, cousin Meghan (who surprised us!) and cousin Matt and his girlfriend Chelsie and my Auntie Lynn's parents Don and Terry all came to my Mom's house. Jason hadn't met any of them before, so that was really fun for him. He really loved them. I hadn't seem them in about 10-ish years! It was so fun to see them!

On Monday, we went over to my friend Jordan's parents house. His Mom, Debbie really wanted to see Addy and Taya, so we spent the afternoon over at their house. It was so fun! Addy loved Debbie! We had a lot of fun over at their house.

On Tuesday, we went to my old boss' (from the pool) house, and we visited with her and her husband. That was really fun! From there we went and saw my Mom's work. That was fun to meet everyone she works with, so I can put faces to names now! After Mom's work, we went to Gramma Button's house for dinner. It was so good! Addy really loves Gramma Button!

On Wednesday, we went to lunch with my Mom, and did some shopping! It was a pretty relaxed day, which was nice. Spending quality Gramma time for the girls!

On Thursday, we went out to my sister Vanessa's house. She has a lot of horses at her house, and cats, dogs, and chickens. Addy was nervous around the animals, but when we left she was excited that she had seen all the animals! Vanessa got kicked by her horse about a week prior, and broke her arm, so Addy was a little bit nervous with her cast.

On Friday we went to Saskatoon to visit my Auntie Mee-no! She was excited to see Addy and Taya so that fun really fun. From there we went to see my friend Jordan's condo. That was fun too. Addy really warmed up to Jordan that time. She loved sitting beside him and playing with his puppy.

Saturday morning came, and it was time to head home! We drove to Great Falls, MT the first day. Then home the next day. The girls did really well again, it was a huge relief!

It was so nice to be able to be home for Thanksgiving, and to see family and friends. It had been over 2 years since I had been home, so it was good to be able to be home for a week! We are already looking forward to our trip there next summer! Candle Lake here we come!

 Grampa and his girls!
 Jordan and Taya
 Great-Gramma Button and Taya
 Steph and Taya
 Uncle Ben and Addy
 Uncle Ben and Taya
 Great-Gramma Button wanted to weigh Taya, as you can see, SHE LOVED IT! ;)

 Gramma Rechenmacher and Addy
 Auntie Mee-no and the girls!
 Gramma Button and Addy reading!
 Gramma Button and Taya
 Happy little traveler!
 Daddy and Taya
 Jordan and Taya
 Debbie and Taya
 Me, Gramma Rechenmacher and Addy
 Taya wearing the hat from Steph and her Mom
 Us with Gramma and Grampa Button
 My Dad and I
 Jordan and I
 Mommy and Taya
 Mommy and Taya
Debbie and Taya


No comments:

Post a Comment