Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sundays



I know that I am not the best at keeping our blog updated, but I am going to try something. I am going to try and make Sundays the day that I update my blog in some way or another...now I may post more than just Sundays, but I am going to try and at least blog every Sunday. Sundays are days where a lot of people journal, and so I think that writing on my blog on Sunday's is a great idea and a great start.

This morning I went visiting teaching, I will be the first to admit that I am not the best visiting teacher...usually the ladies are lucky if they see me every 2nd month...if that. But, since we moved into our new ward, when I got my visiting teaching assignment, I decided that I wanted to be a faithful visiting teacher this whole year. Well, so far, I'm 2 for 2! And I'm loving it! Who knew?! Visiting teaching is such an important calling that I think is often forgotten about, or not given much thought to...at least, for me, that is what it has been in the past.  I am not going to sit here and say "I am a perfect visiting teacher!" after only 2 months...but I am going to say that I am learning the importance of it. For those of you who are already faithful visiting teachers, I look up to you. I hope that I can learn to be as faithful as you.

Below is a link to one of my all time favorite talks. It is from the April 2009 General Conference, by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. He is one of my favorite speakers. This talk is so touching, especially being Easter time. It is 18 minutes, but it has so much greatness in all 18 minutes. I encourage you to take the time to listen to this talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17Mbsh3OO8

Happy Sabbath!


No comments:

Post a Comment